Friday, November 9, 2012

Chocolate Chip Hazelnut Cookies

Despite having hardly any time to write on account of trying to finish a PhD, I am determined to improve this blog, at least a little bit. I don't think I ever intend to become a full-time blogger and make money from it as a website, but I would still like it to look a bit prettier and have a better following. So to that end, this week two things are happening. First of all, I have guest-posted on another blog! The blog is called Doctorate Housewife and is written by a Belgian named Jessica,. who largely writes about food and fitness. While she is on holiday she asked for volunteers and I put my hand up - I figured it was fitting, with having PhDs and living in Europe in common. So if you head over today you will see my yummy cookies (really, I'm not just bragging, they got a lot of positive feedback) being featured:


However, if people reading that guest-post then decide to come check out my blog (which I hope they do) I want them to be impressed and look around, which brings us to the second blog improvement - a little bloggy face-lift. It's slow going, partly because I don't have a lot of time and partly because all of this website/html/pixels/hyperlinks stuff is a little bit over my head. So to begin with we have a new header (this one is just for now, I want something brighter and more cartoon-ey when I have time), new pages, new sidebar and new footer. Which will all be appearing over the weekend. Next step will be index pages with pictures. Then at some point a whole new background. And a logo. Perhaps less rambling and more structure ... or perhaps not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there wonderful reader! If you've liked what you see here or have anything to say whatsover, please do so because I would love to hear from you!